General Liability Insurance
A general liability insurance covers operational and professional risks: exali.com offers exceptional protection and high sums insured for personal injuries and property damage as well as financial loss.
In just one liability concept - for freelancers, the self-employed, companies and their employees - exali General Liability Insurance protects everyone involved if expensive damages occur due to mistakes or mishaps in one's own office, with customers, at trade fairs or on business trips. The big advantage of insurances: The premium for general liability at exali.com is very cheap due to the combination with financial loss liability in the basic coverage.
Done! Thank you for your search request.
Your results will be shown shortly.
General liability insurance or general liability is the collective term for all liability insurances that cover operational liability risks. Since professional activities in the service sector are mostly carried out in offices, the insurance is also often referred to as office liability or business and general liability. In principle, General Liability Insurance offers protection if you claims are brought against you by a third party (e.g. customer or principal) for personal injuries, property damage and the resulting financial loss (consequential financial loss). The General Liability Insurance especially covers damage that occurs in the office, on site at the customer’s, on business trips or at trade fairs and exhibitions.
The General Liability Insurance from exali.com offers very comprehensive protection against occupational liability risks posed by personal injuries, property damage and consequential losses. The following benefits are generally insured under general liability: The so-called permanent establishment risk, liability for products and services (also known as product liability) as well as environmental liability and environmental damage insurance.
Since in most IT, media, consulting and service professions pure financial losses frequently occur in addition to personal injuries and property damage (which are covered by general liability), exali.com also offers Financial Loss Liability Insurance as part of the basic coverage. This can be expanded by a freely selectable add-on module. As a result, the scope of insurance can be individually adapted to the respective risk situation of the freelancer, self-employed person or the company.
The term ‘professional indemnity’ is to be understood as an overarching term for indemnity insurance that covers the professional liability risks of a self-employed person or freelancer. Depending on the industry and risk situation, professional indemnity insurance can include a general liability insurance (coverage for personal injuries and property damage as well as consequential loss) as well as financial loss liability insurance (coverage for pure financial losses).
At exali.com, the general liability insurance is usually offered in combination with financial loss liability insurance in the basic coverage so that all relevant risks and the resulting types of damage are covered.
Testimonials for exali.com
Which Damages does the General Liability Insurance Generally Cover?
The General Liability Insurance from exali.com offers comprehensive coverage for the following types of damage:
- Property damage: This concerns the damaging, destruction or loss of an item. Example: An IT employee damages the server's motherboard during maintenance work.
- Personal injuries: This includes injuries or damage to the health of people. Example: During a photoshoot, a person is injured by falling lighting equipment.
- Consequential financial loss: This concerns consequential losses following personal injuries or property damage. Due to the damaged motherboard from the first property damage example, the server cannot be rebooted for 1.5 days. The result is a loss of sales for the customer (consequential damage).
General liability insurance generally insures operational risks through owed services or products as well as the operation of an office, an agency or a law firm. When looking at the private sphere, it can best be compared with private liability insurance, with the difference being that in these cases risks of the business environment are covered. These are, for example:
- Personal injuries and property damage due to faulty service provision
- Damages on business trips, at trade fairs, exhibitions or events (worldwide)
- Damage to rented office space or event rooms (rental property damage)
- Damage in the organisation and execution of seminars or training courses
- Damage caused by the professional operation of aerial drones up to 5 kilograms (including camera)
- Damage of items in the care of the insured that are rented, leased or borrowed for up to 6 months
- Personal injuries and property damage at customer appointments
- Product liability damage (guaranteed properties)
- Loss of customer keys and code cards
- Damages to third-party property due to activities
- Environmental liability damages